Today we’re going to look at how to overcome and face your fear.
Before I continue, if you have children who are developing their self-esteem or self-confidence, download your FREE guide, “The Top 10 Ways to Build Self-Esteem & Self-Confidence.”
Fear can stifle us; it can prevent us from moving forward.
Most of us get stuck on these feelings and never look beyond it because we’re afraid.
The following 5 steps have worked beautifully for me. I’m sure they’ll work for you as well.
#1: Feel It!
Feel where in your body the fear resides.
When I feel it, It’s usually in my throat or in my eyes. What about you? Where do you feel it?
When does it start?
When does it end? Most of us never get to this stage because something else catches our attention.
When it happens though, does the feeling last forever. NO!
It stays for a bit, and then it goes away because fear is a sensation that we feel that’s trying to communicate something to us.
If we know where in our body it is, we’ll be able to better pay attention to it’s calling. We’ll be prepared to breathe into it so that we can calm ourselves down and uncover the message.
#2: Assess It!
- Pinpoint what’s causing the fear.
- Assess what would happen if you faced your fear. How would you feel?
- Look at what would happen if you didn’t face it? How would you feel about yourself? Is this your limiting beliefs speaking or is it genuine fear that’s telling you that you’re in danger?
- What would make you proud of yourself and allow you to sleep well at night?
#3. Decide It!
- If it is your limiting beliefs, you have two choices, either deal with it and face your fear or let it go.
- If you’re in danger, get out of the situation, and get some help if possible.
#4. Face It!
If you need support facing your limiting beliefs, see the following:
- An overview of how to move past your limiting beliefs.
- Step-by-step explanation about limiting beliefs and ways to help you find your focus.
#5. Understand It!
Remember that you are enough and you are capable. You can do anything you set your mind to. So, take charge of your life, make a decision and stick with it.
If you want to face your fear, progress through the following five steps.
- Feel It (the emotions)
- Assess It
- Decide It (is it your limiting beliefs or danger?)
- Face it
- Understand it (your worth)
My hope is that when you face your fear, your worries will decrease and your excitement in your life self-confidence will increase.
If you’re a mom with a teenage daughter who is looking to develop her self-confidence & self-esteem, then download the free guide that’s associated with this video, “The Top 10 Ways to Build Self-Esteem & Self-Confidence.” Being confident in yourself cuts through the fear.
If you found this video beneficial, would you do me a favour? Share this with your family, your friends, your loved ones, your co-workers or someone who you think could benefit from this. Thank you!
Until next week, remember to create, experience & teach from the heart.